Some kind of beetle?

Hi: I just found this bug

up my back. Just cut grass, must have come from the lawn. I never seen one like this.. Thanks! Harry

Reply to
harry

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says... :) I just found this bug

crawling up my back. Just cut grass, must have come from the lawn. I :) never seen one like this.. :) Thanks! :) Harry :) :) It looks to be the Longhorned beetle Eburia quadrigeminata or Ivory marked beetle.
on Non evergreens, can wind up in furniture or house trim, but probably not in your case.

Reply to
Lar

Reply to
Peppergirl

some sort of beetle, possibly even a weevil, but definitley not a leafhopper. I wouldnt spray a bunch of chemicals as the last poster recommended due to the fact that you found a single bug on your back.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

Reply to
Peppergirl

Spotted Apple tree Borer Saperda cretata. One of the longhorned beetles.

I wish I was a s good with my camera!

Reply to
Beecrofter

Hi: Thanks! It sure does look like the Ivory Marked beetle.. I hope it's not eating the trees. Lot's of trees around here are hollow, although look live and well externally, and break in half during a heavy gust of wind, and turn up have about 90% if the inside missing.. Thanks for the info! Harry

Reply to
harry