Sidalcea (miniature hollyhock) zone 4

Have any gardeners successfully grown sidalcea in zone 4? Cut back and mulch heavily? any tips?

Thanks Karen

Reply to
KarenWorthin

One of my worst gardening mistakes was bringing these into the cultivated garden. They have woody roots that make them miserable to dig out, self-seed worse than rats and will "eat" an entire garden area in 2 years. Don't grow 'em -- even in pots -- unless you have a huge wild area that you simply want to fill in. Count on it, they will! I even had one of the more -- supposedly -- restrained cultivars, "Party Girl." Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O