Safe Conifer

I wish to plant a single conifer about 6ft from my house. I am aware of the problems with lellandi but I have found a different variety that grows to a maximum of two metres which suits me. Would the roots be a problem in this position ? Is there a conifer I could safely plant this close to the house that did not grow much taller than two metres ?

Reply to
Alan Marriott

Does it really need to be a conifer or could some other sort of evergreen fill the bill? There are some narrow Ilex (holly) varieties. One beauty is

but it is probably not hardy in far northern climes.

Reply to
John McGaw