Re: Resmethrin fogger....

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net says... :) So we've decided it's :) time to use a pesticide and went with the Burgess propane fueled fogger and :) resmethrin. From what I've read the only negative side effect of resmethrin :) would be the elimination of bees :) The resmethrin will have very little residual so unless you are fogging in the middle of the day with the bees there probably won't be a big problem. You may have better results with a hand sprayer and use products that may have a bit more residual. With the sprayer you can be more precise to apply the product where needed, such as the undersides of plants in the shade, along a fence line or house that is once again shaded.

Reply to
Lar

Actually, these are both plusses in the fogger's corner -- access to vegetation is limited at best and most vegetation is shrubby so something that can work its way in through the air is preferred. This model of fogger is a handheld unit so I can get as close to the vegetation as possible before fogging. I do not want anything TOO residual as I want it gone by next spring -- the whole goal is just to put a dent in the current population so we can at least step out the door without finding ourselves under attack.

James

Reply to
JNJ

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net says... :) This model of fogger :) is a handheld unit so I can get as close to the vegetation as possible :) before fogging. I do not want anything TOO residual as I want it gone by :) next spring -- the whole goal is just to put a dent in the current :) population so we can at least step out the door without finding ourselves :) under attack. :) :) The fogger probably would work best in treating the growth your are describing, though most general insecticides you might try will only give days to maybe a few weeks effectiveness. The problem with populations away from breeding sources is that each night a new "batch" will appear and get into the shady areas at dawn waiting night again. The one benefit with a residual is it helps stop the numbers you begin with each day. Permethrin may have more of an repellency effect than resmethrin, but the residual will be even less, so I guess they will be about the same effectiveness.

Reply to
Lar