PECKERS

That's Woodpeckers... first time I've noticed them at my Hummingbird feeder, those Peckers drained it:
http://i65.tinypic.com/142eys1.jpg
Nothing so good as vine ripened honeydew melons, perfumed kitchen:
http://i66.tinypic.com/2hhlxch.jpg
Gorgeous sky this morning:
http://i65.tinypic.com/j7rns2.jpg
On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:32:31 -0400, Brooklyn1

They prefer suet feeders. Mine love it, even if I go out on the balcony, or the cat, the suet wins. I believe if I put suet on my hand they would take it.

Other birds can't perch on my hummingbird feeder like that since it's shaped differently.
Cheri

Show us or STFU.
On 9/6/2016 9:41 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

You want her to show you her hummingbird feeder? I don't know about hers but mine is a Perky Pet Hummzinger feeder. It looks like a flying saucer. The design is like this:
http://www.birdfeeders.com/perky-pet-oasis-plastic-hummingbird-feeder-221
I'm sorry I cannot take a photo of my hummingbird feeder ATM since it's dark outside.
Jill

I've seen that type of feeder and it would be easier than mine for woodpeckers to perch on it, yours has those perches all around each feeding port, mine has no perches, however woodpecker's legs are such that they can grab on to most anything as they march up and down tree trunks. Hummingbirds don't need to perch to feed, in fact I've never seen them perch when feeding, not even from flowers... occasionally they'll perch on my wire fence.
You've already sent me photos of things around your house so I know you feed birds. Some people need to make snide/negative comments but never prove their claims.
http://i67.tinypic.com/10pozfl.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/35aocj7.jpg
On 9/8/2016 9:29 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

I see them perch on my feeder all the time. It must be exhausting to be a hummingbird. :)
Jill

They usually attack me when I refill their feeder, they're very territorial and posssive about their feeder. Today I bought new feeder food, a syrup concentrate instead of the sugar, 1 part syrup to 3 parts water. I bought it at Lowe's: http://www.birdfeeders.com/perky-pet-hummingbird-nectar-concentrate-238
Brooklyn1 brought this next:

Even birds know an asshole when they see one.

Heh :)