Paulownia tree seed or seedling

Does anyone have one they wish to part with? I will happily pay postage. Jackie

Reply to
J. Davidson

Id imagine that just about everyone who has a palownia tree would love to part with it.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

After they flower and fruit next year, there should easily be millions upon millions of seeds to which you can help yourself!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

If you are saying that they are essentially a giant weed, I agree with you!

Reply to
Bill Spohn

You might try posting this request on rec.woodworking . They look at this species differently. Also, check out the website at

.

In a 1995 issue of Fine Woodworking Magazine (issue 95, page 4), Peter Beckjord who had started something called the National Paulownia Center offered a packet of seeds and growing instructions for $1 and as SASE to:

National Paulownia Center

4303 Kenny Street Beltsville, MD 20705

He gave is phone number as (301) 937-4635

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Davidson" Newsgroups: rec.gardens Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 5:54 PM Subject: Paulownia tree seed or seedling

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks very much, all who responded. I have seeds coming in the mail, I am happy to say! Jackie

Reply to
J. Davidson

Reply to
Joseph S. Larson

in this rare case, Pawlonia trees aren't brittle like other fast growing trees. I say this with the knowledge that MINE doesn't drop branches. It's so huge you can't hug it. Now the ends of the branches where the flowers and then seedpods are, DO break off. And yes, the huge leaves are messy. But the Chinese people used the wood for boxes for their daughters dowries, it takes a really hot heat to get them to burn, too. I've had a branch the electric company cut off for me that grew over the house line over the side yard edging a flowerbed now for well on four years and it's only lost it's bark. The wood is still solid................. madgardener ducking behind her "mother" Pawlonia tree now to keep from being flamed up on the ridge, back in Fairy HOller where I have three Pawlonia trees, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener