OT: Happy 4th of July ...

..to American gardeners.

Amid the parades and barbecues and sales, let's take a minute to remember h ow lucky we are to live in this country.

Each year I re-read George Washington's 1970 address...

..and determine to continue working, despite setbacks, to fulfill his visio n

"The Citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud thems elves for giving to Mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy: a p olicy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immu nities of citizenship. It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as i f it was by the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of th e United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assi stance, requires only that they who live under its protection, should demea n themselves as good citizens."

Parents, teach your children!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson