OT: Good year for corn?

I got some locally grown sweetcorn up in Burk's Falls, Ontario this weekend. Good, old fashioned yellow corn. Everybody at dinner was ooh-ing and aah-ing over the flavour. It was so good, I stripped the kernels off a leftover cob and cooked them up for breakfast the next morning.

Questions:

a) Was this a particularly good year for corn? Last year the corn was uniformly awful. b) Why is there so much insipid Peaches 'n Cream corn around? You just can't beat the flavour of the yellow stuff. Fabulous.

Toni from T.O.

Reply to
Toni from T.O.

I can't say whether or not it was a good year for corn all around, but here in Arkansas the corn was better than it has been in many years. Wonderfully sweet flavor, good harvests reported by local growers. A relative who usually douses her corn with enough butter for ten potatoes was eating the ears without any butter.

Reply to
griffon