Moles and Voles

HELP I can i get rid of them ?

Reply to
Keith Corwell

I have this one hole in the corner of my big garage door. They were using it as a freeway, in and out of my house, espcially on rainy days when their outdoor tunnels would be flooded. I simply put an empty mouse trap in front of the hole in the door. Within an hour on the first day I got two, and it's gotten over a dozen in the past month. The trick is finding their path and then taking advantage of any bottlenecks.

In the past I've done the same thing, only right in front of their entrance holes outside in the dirt. Not as effective as the garage, but still gets a couple. I have to admit though, sometimes they dump a load of dirt on the outdoor traps, which makes me think they're a little spiteful :)

Dan

Reply to
dstvns

Don't even try.

Reply to
Travis

Get yourself an outdoor cat. Or a pet rat snake. I read once that killing grubs helps deter voles b/c they like to eat grubs, but I don't know how true that it as voles sure can find other things to eat. They are a pain in the butt, and I sure wouldn't spend money on those "sound" devices you stick in tunnels, traps, or poisons.

Good luck! Heidi

Keith Corwell wrote:

Reply to
Heidi

I recently got voles under my tree.

I looked into the liquid repellents, but these for the most part are just castor oil. It's recommended to be diluted with a mixture of dish soap and water at about 6%, then watered all over the ground and plants that they are infesting until it's saturated.

Seemed pretty messy and I didn't want to put castor oil all over my foliage.

Then I found a much better dry product: Dr. T's Mole Out. It's a granulated product you just put in a broadcast spreader, the spread it all around the lawn and beds that they are in.

You can get it from gardeners.com. Some stores in my town sell it.

Note this is a repellent, not a poison.

Anyway, after I spread this down, the vole trails stopped, so I believe it works!

"Keith Corwell" wrote:

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

I used Dr. T's Mole Out and the vole trails in my yard stopped.

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

Reply to
Keith Corwell

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

No; but you can fight them to a standstill. The best way I've ever found is to make your yard a friendly place for mole and vole predators. You really don't want skunks and foxes around; they carry rabies and smell to high heaven. However, a snake will be quite effective as a M&V deterrent. We've got several that live in various parts of the yard, and absolutely no vermin problem.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens

Reply to