Newly planted conifers dying?

I planted some young conifers about 2 ft high back in February and one has died completely and the otHers are still green but the tops have drooped Any ideas what's wrong with them?

Reply to
chriz1

It's not that unheard-of for one of a group to go bad. I'm dealing w/3 Australian tree ferns that all had the same care in planting, AFAIK, but one took off at once and two are thinking about it.

Where in the world are you? What's your optimum planting season? What practices did you follow in planting (soil amendment, water, required sun).

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

You're in the UK but which conifers? Most conifers, especially spruce, don't like wet feet.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Sounds like a drainage problem, or over fertilizing at planting.

Reply to
kris anthem um