Need help with Bay Leaf info

Hi!

I am the proud keeper of a 5 ft tall sweet bay (laurus nobilis). It was obtained five years ago at 4 inches tall, and to say it's prospered is an understatement. The lemon/veneer smell of the leaves is amazing, but the entire plant is kept in an 18" pot and brought in over winter.

However, I was upset to notice the bay leaves in the kitchen have a completely different odor from the tree. The leaves are also a different shape at the tip, curling inward and making two half-circles instead of ending at a sharp tip. Is this a different form of bay? Could it be turkish bay?

Thanks very much, Dan nw NJ

Reply to
Dan

Dan in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: