mysterious

I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the same place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold ,insect eggs ? Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

slime mold

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Interesting stuff isn't it? When I put in my latest lantana bed I used mulch from the Agricenter, mostly sawdust from animal pens that has been composted for about a year in a pile behind the place. There was an interesting display of growth in several spots of the mulch. I found it rather colorful and eye catching, but it didn't last long. It was tiny snuff box type fungi, hundreds of them in a mass that would release spores when punctured. (Yours may be different, but I bet it is a fungus.) I had plenty of time and punched a few. One must enjoy the roses and the fungi as we pass through life.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

Tony--according to what i've read, the slime molds thrive oon decomposing wood...i get them, and wonder if that means the sides of my raised beds are going to be disappearing...

I have also read of those who claim they taste good..

HTH,

(squemish) Deb

Reply to
Deb Hayes

Hey...people eat truffles. Do you ever wonder who first discovered some of our stranger foods? If I could be a passenger in a time machine, I'd like to find out who the hell first decided to dissect an artichoke, or eat sea urchin roe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hmmm--seems my spellchecker missed squemish--

Just for the record, i know it's spelled with an "a"

squeamish

Deb Hayes "Deb Hayes

Reply to
Deb Hayes