Mushrooms from strawberry seeds?!

Hi all. One week ago I sowed some "fragaria vesca" seeds (wild strawberry), and today something has sprouted... but they are mushrooms!! What may have happened? What must I think of those seeds?! Thanks in advance for any answer - I really don't know what to think.

Reply to
Doson Cric

Mushrooms come from spores. The spores were probably in the soil o the mulch you used. They probably didn't come with the seeds. The again, these are WILD strawberries, so there may have been mushroo spores. Just pluck the 'shrooms out.

New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

"Doson Cric" wrote in news:lFH1e.706685$b5.31953516 @news3.tin.it:

I dunno ... could be alot of things ... I will guess some answers, though they may not be applicable in Italy.

A. Radioactive residue in your patch transmorgrified your strawberry seeds into a fungus. If the mushroom has soft green phosphorescent glow, it could grow in to a crime fighting superhero named Fun Gus. Otherwise, you will probably get the comedic sidekick, a flying plush toy with a farmer's hat named Straw Beary.

B. A village of smurfs (puffi) has decided to move into your strawberry patch. Perhaps they moved because their old village had too much noise pollution or they could be just near sighted and couldn't tell the difference between a strawberry patch and a smurfberry patch.

C. You've been drinking too much. Lay off the sauce.

D. The fungus already existing in the planting medium liked the new growing conditions and sprouted. Your strawberry seeds may or may not sprout later.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

"Newt" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...

Thanks for your answer. Even if I begin guessing that those seeds are guilty, because the soil is new and I sowed at home (indoor => it's not subjected to the wind and what it may carry) Anyway I'll wait to know if something else sprouts...

Reply to
Doson Cric