Model 7 John Deere Trailer

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire pressure should be?

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

It should be written on the side of the tires.

For a manual check out:

ask John Deere, check out:

S. M. Henning

No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle. The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and the weight of the load.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

The tires I've read all say "max load ____ lbs. at ___ PSI". That means that for that pressure you can put that much weight on it. If you're not going to exceed the specified weight, you might as well pump it up to the specified pressure.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Reply to
Spud Demon

The type of tire is the type it is written on, duh. The load capacity is the sum of the tire ratings less the weight of the trailer if and only if you fill the tires up to this number. There is no reason not to. If the tires are too soft for a given load, the tires start bouncing and the trailer becomes unstable. I always use maximum pressure.

Reply to
S. M. Henning