mango starts ......

I sent a request a few days ago for help with my mango seeds. It didn't appear on here so guess it didn't make the trip. After seeing your instructions as to starting a tree, decided to give it a go. Have four seeds in water. One shows signs already of growth , through the opening on the seed. Should I keep the water below where the opening is? Thank you kindly.

Reply to
Kate ......

I'm trying to do the same with a mamey seed--something new in the market from ?Central America, the mamey fruit is hairy as a kiwi, shaped like a mango and about the size of a very large avocado. The taste was somewhat disappointing--"a large, soft carrot" came to mind--but I thought, what the hell, kept it in water until the hard seed split open a bit, then planted it. We'll see... zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec