Re: Saving my Ivy (Hedera Helix)

How hot did it get whilst you were away; that ivy looks cooked.

It did get very hot. I am in Copenhagen, Denmark. We had a very hot summer, day temperatures around 30 degrees in, and the Ivy has been in my windowsill exposed to midday sun, the hottest of its kind.

So I might have overwatered it before I left, and then it got cooked while I was away. Sounds very reasonable. It is still moist to wet in the soil, and I've only watered it once after I came back.

Let the soil become dry to the touch between waterings, and keep > it out of direct sun; it may come back . . . ivy is pretty hardy.

I have now placed it out of its pot, and in the light but out of the sun. I truly appreciate your answer, I hope it comes back.

Reply to
Jonas Voss

Yep best advice is already given.. ivy is a woodland plant. It will tolerate sun very well when established outside. But not in a little pot;-) Good luck. // Jim

Reply to
Jim W