Jasmine won't flower

Hi all

We have a jasmine plant in the back garden in a relatively sunny spot but it hardly flowers. Its been in for a couple of years now and is watered regularly. It gets a feed every couple of weeks but the most we get is 1 or 2 flowers at a time.

We live on the southcoast, so would have thought that it was warm enough.

Anyone any ideas what we're doing wrong or could do better?

Reply to
jollynolly

What sort of jasmine is it, do you have the species name? There are various plants that are called jasmine.

Where are you and what is your climate? Unless you say what you are on the south coast of we have no idea.

How many hours of sunlight per day does it get during winter and summer?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I have winter jasmine. It had been struggling along until I mulched it--no additional fertilizer and lots of new growth. I won't know until January if it will bloom for the first time, unless the deer eat it to the ground like they did last winter.

Reply to
Phisherman