A climbing flower

Hi

I am a new horticulture student and i would like to get some experienc with some flowers. I'm going to plant a flower-herb garden for m family. I am having trouble finding a hardy vine that i can train t grow around an arch. do any of you have any sugestions? I live in Ne Hampshire it gets somewhat cold in the winter. thanks

-- Steve0228

Reply to
Steve0228

Sorry i wasnot thinking temperatures get down to -30 C

-- Steve0228

Reply to
Steve0228

Flowers don't climb but some plants do.

Lesson number 1.

You are growing plants.

The flowers are only the reproductive organs of flowering plants.

Did you do a Google search for hardy vines?

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Ah - north end of the state. Good luck. You might try a fast growing annual instead

Cheryl Southern NH

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Thanks for the help, i'll look up some vines and try to find som

climbing annuals.Don't worry, i know the difference between flowers an plants

-- Steve0228

Reply to
Steve0228

The key is "hardy to zone 4" (most of New Hampshire) or "hardy to zone

3" (very northern tip). There are several varieties of climbing roses that will be hardy under such conditions, as are most clematis. Indeed, growing roses and clematis together on an arbor is a classic garden pairing.
Reply to
DrLith

I live in New Hampshire it gets somewhat cold in the winter. thanks.

Sorry i wasnot thinking temperatures get down to -30 C.

The key is "hardy to zone 4" (most of New Hampshire) or "hardy to zone

3" (very northern tip). There are several varieties of climbing roses that will be hardy under such conditions, as are most clematis Indeed, growing roses and clematis together on an arbor is a classic garden pairing.

what about honeysuckle, common periwinkle or virginia creeper? as wel i included a few links hope they help u some

luck, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat