Bouganvilla

I planted a Bouganvilla(sp) in a large pot. It had flowers on it when I bought it,but they have since fallen off and no new blooms have appeared for weeks. The plant is in full sun and is a little wilted. I've watered it regularly. Any kind person with suggestions? Thank you. Sis

Reply to
Sis

It would help to know where you are. Bouganvillias don't necessarily flower all year around, they generally have a good show in Spring and *may* flower somewhat through Summer and *may* have another show in Autumn. They must have full sun and warmth to flower well, it is normally for them to wilt a little on a hot day, if they don't recover by morning they need more water. Some balanced fertiliser during the growing season is OK but don't over feed with nitrogenous fertiliser or you will get great leaves but not much in the way of flowers. It isn't really important to the matter of flowering but the bright coloured part is not actually a flower but a modified leaf, a bract, the flower is the little star-shaped bit in the centre.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

My knowledge of USA geography is not wonderful but I am guessing that the summer is a fair bit warmer and longer at your cousin's place than yours, is that so?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott