Stumbled here note the cross post.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Very nice :-)

Rather north America centred :-(

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Yes North America centered can you find similar effort up your way ?

Dreamroads 5:42 David Hudson Gunyal World AAC audio file 60

1998
Reply to
Bill who putters

I worked (through the Asheville Mushroom Club) for several years on a project partially funded by Discover Life. The project is an all taxa biodiversity inventory of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. My work was with the fungal branch. We have presently identified over 3000 species of a suspected 10,000+. Have a look at:

if you're interested.

Reply to
Steve Peek

Good Work. My hope is that the info is made widely available. Still I wonder if few folks can conceive what is in our world. Hell I can't fathom what is going on in my back yard. How to disseminate beauty and wonder aside from example eluded me but I intend to try. Poetry words of value straight photography mute compared to a gardener gardening. Actions speak louder I read louder then words.

Reply to
Bill who putters

snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com...>

Oh my, fantastic work! I love the "Butterflies of the Soil" Must remember that for the Ca Native Plant Society folks. Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

Some of much more limited scope - say for local plants or just one or two genera. That's the problem, finding resources to do the work, it is understandable that one would start near home.

David Hare-Scott