How to identify succulents?

I've been on a succulent trip recently and have acquired half a dozen different succulents including living rocks, aloe, baby toes (my favorite so far but finicky), and three that didn't have species labels when I bought them. I have no idea how to search for them on the Internet, succulent-oriented sites may list thousands of species but I have no clue how to narrow my search based on appearance. I suppose I could take photos of them and post them on a website for y'all to identify, but I would like a resource where I could look up unknown plants. Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Ronnie DaFeo

Check out the Yahoo groups.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Got a local library? The internet isn't always the quickest or easiest way to do research.

Reply to
Ann Knight

Get the book "Succulents: The Illustrated Dictionary" from the library. It is extremely helpful. Or post your pictures of them online and I'll try to help you.

Reply to
LisaTWade

Surely you are making a joke, Lisa.

The book to which you refer is so full of errors, typos and bad pictures that it is worthless for correct identification.

Like I said, your best bet is the various Yahoo groups.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

I was not making a joke or I'd have said LOL in my post. He can check the book then do internet image searches to double check what he thinks they might be.

Reply to
LisaTWade

You made another joke, Lisa. How very funny you are. The names on your plants must be a laugh riot.

The majority of pix of succulents on the internet are posted by amateurs and they are misidentified too. Probably its because they used that awful picture book as their source for the names in the first place!!! How can he verify if they are correct if he doesn't know if the pix on the internet are correctly named?

It is much better he use the Yahoo groups that specialize in succulent plants.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

I do not appreciate your insults of me or my plants. Please do not reply to or comment on any of my posts in the future. Find someone else to make fun of.

Reply to
LisaTWade

ROTFLMAO!

Yada, yada, yada, Lisa Lisa.

Excuse me as I fart in your general direction.

If you don't want to be mocked, just don't say silly things.

Its just that simple, you twinkie.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

"LisaTWade" expounded:

Lisa, Usenet doesn't work that way. Just ignore him, put him in your killfile, but don't continue to reply to him if you don't want to be taunted, he'll just keep going.

Reply to
Ann

Ann, you are such a party pooper.

How can you walk with that huge arthropod up your posterior?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Guess I missed it when this group was renamed rec.gardens.be-mean. Tsk, tsk. It's always ok to disagree, but why turn it into a pissing contest?

Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O

rec.gardens.be-mean

How lame, Suzy Q.

Would you rather it was a farting contest?

This isn't rec.gardens.Twinkies-rule either.

The question asked by the original poster was answered long ago. Its you dizzy bimbettes that insist on taking the conversation to the extremely stupid. Just let it go and start a new subject line if you biddies want to go off-topic. None of you are bright enough nor interesting enough to be the center of any worthwhile discussion.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....