Help with Lurel Hedge

We've just recently had two trees come down in a storm on top of our 15 foot laurel hedge. I would prefer not to cut it all the way back, but instead try to pull it back up.

So I have a couple questions...

1) Is there any concern about pulling it back (anyone have any suggestions, tricks or tips) 2) If I do have to cut it back, where on the branches are the best places to make the cuts (clost to the branches?)

Thanks

Reply to
Fraser

Are you saying the hedge is 15' high or long? how many of the plants are affected? As for pulling back up, yes you can do that but you will still need to cut it back to reduce the windage until it grows new roots and re anchors itself. I suspect your best bet is to take it back to stumps, but if you are able to put pictures up somewhere on the web then there are folk on urg that could give you better advice.

Reply to
Charlie Pridham