Help with a tree

Hi,

We just planted a Plum FLW Thundercloud #7 (Prunus Cerasifera 'Thundercloud') in our front yard a couple of months ago. It seems to be doing great and having new growth, but now I've noticed a problem. It looks as if the leaves are being eaten by some sort of bugs. Does anyone know what bugs 'like' to eat this tree? More importantly, what can I do to get rid of them??!

TIA

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I doubt there are any bugs eating the leaves, they dont seem to like purple much. You probably are seeing damage from coccomyces(shot hole fungus). It causes small round lesions that eventually die off and fall out, leaving the holes. It is a cosmetic problem, but if you want to spray for it, you need to start very early in the spring.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

Is this fungus harmful to the tree? It won't die on me will it?

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Nah it won't kill your tree, the damage has allready occurred. Just keep the tree well watered a new planting can take 2 years to establish, mulch is better than turf underneath , keep it pulled back from the stem.

Reply to
bamboo

Thanks for the help.

Reply to