Grey laundry water for garden watering?

My GARsh!! I'm gonna have to get me a prairie dog to roast to keep ahead of you.

But, if you eat 'possum, you win. ;-) I ain't been that hungry...yet!

CHarlie

Reply to
Charlie

Have not landed one yet. I just know that they are around. I've seen them when I was snorkeling the river.

I will NOT eat opossum! Not a chance in hell.

Reply to
Omelet

Is this the one in which Shamus and Murphy have no money and Murphy lost the sausage?????

Oh lord......you wouldn't....you shouldn't.....no....

Just, just, uh, go attend to your samples or, or something! Back away from the keyboard! ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I see you've seen it.

Reply to
Omelet

I have some called asparagus beans but I haven't had much success with pole beans:-(

Reply to
Billy

Monkey in the middle, eh? Email it or I post the entire "HPV Linked to Throat Cancer" article. Heh, heh, he.

Reply to
Billy

Now you have to tell us!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

Yes, the chinese long beans are also called asparagus beans. I've not tried other varieties yet, but I did get a bunch of limas once when I planted a jar of beans that fell off the pantry shelf and got broken. I won't trust sifting the glass from eating beans so rather than toss them, we planted them.

Reply to
Omelet

I'll e-mail it. I suppose I can add you to my humor mailing list using my other address. I don't forward many, just the ones I get a real laugh out of!

Reply to
Omelet

Ok, I forwarded it. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

Oh ok. ;-)

Tale of the Irish Sausage

Shamus and Murphy fancied a pint or two but didn't have a lot of money between them, they could only raise the staggering sum of one Euro.

Murphy said 'Hang on, I have an idea.'

He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large sausage.

Shamus said 'Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left at all!'

Murphy replied, 'Don't worry - just follow me.'

He went into the pub where he immediately ordered two pints of Guinness and two glasses of Jamieson Whisky.

Shamus said 'Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be in? We haven't got any money!!'

Murphy replied, with a smile. 'Don't worry, I have a plan, Cheers!'

They downed the ir Drinks. Murphy said, 'OK, I'll stick the sausage through my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth.'

The barman noticed them, went berserk, and threw them out.

They continued this, pub after pub, getting more and more drunk, all for free.

At the tenth pub Shamus said 'Murphy - I don't think I can do any more of this. I'm drunk and me knees are killin'me!'

Murphy said, 'How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage in the third pub.

Reply to
Omelet

Seen IT? I sure as hell *haven't* seen....IT!! ;-)

Sheesh Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

!
Reply to
Omelet

Only in wrecked gardens edible;-))

Reply to
Billy

Yep!

I was reluctant to post it as it was off topic... But y'all asked. :-)

The trial is over. I go back to work tomorrow night. The Judge told us we did the right thing after we were done. I'm glad he gave us more background after we left the courtroom. I was close to tears over it.

Nobody enjoys convicting an 18 year old of a Felony, but if she decides to straighten up after this, it will end up helping her in the long run.

Reply to
Omelet

Here's a few links which may bear some light on this question.

were found on this page of the "Gumnuts" blog

to consider using water from washing machines to irrigate lawns and gardens. The question is - is it safe to do so?

machine, the soils in your garden and the area available to distribute the water. The fact is that applying laundry water indiscriminately can seriously damage plants and soil structure.

potentially harmful. More often than not it's the sodium content that determines how much laundry wastewater can be safely applied to a given area.

from the work of Dr Robert A. Patterson who is the Director of Lanfax Laboratories based in Armadale, NSW. Dr Patterson is regarded as an expert on the interactions between recycled water (including grey water from laundries) and soils.

you plan how best to distribute grey water on lawns and gardens. The site itself is a bit confusing to navigate but the following two sections should provide most of the information you need.

of the liquids (detergents) when compared with the powders is that liquids present less of a sodium hazard than the powders?.

essential plant nutrients in greywater and a lot of nasty sodium. Most of the benefit you see from using greywater is from the water, not what is in it.......so greywater is not a fertiliser and never will be!"

Reply to
tony

On Fri, 09 May 2008 14:06:01 +0800, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.com wrote in aus.gardens:

potentially harmful. More often than not it's the sodium content that determines how much laundry wastewater can be safely applied to a given area.

I was talking to someone who is a local compost expert and they reckon that puting grey water on the compost heap gets rid of the salts.

The only proviso to this is that this person has very large hot compost heaps and actively goes out to find material to compost (for example clears up all the leaves in the railway carpark)

Regards Dinsy

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

Reply to
Dinsdale Pirana