Water Not Flowing to Laundry Room Water Lines/Valves

Water Not Flowing to Laundry Room Water Lines/Valves open original image
Water Not Flowing to Laundry Room Water Lines/Valves open original image

We just moved into a rental home and the hot & cold water runs perfectly fine to most appliances (sinks, showers). However, water does not appear to be flowing to the the hot/cold water lines in the laundry room at all.

We discovered this issue after hooking up the washing machine and water did not flow into the washer at any point during the wash cycle. We know this is not a machine issue because water will not flow from the valves even when the hoses are disconnected from the machine. The hot water heater is housed in a closet that shares a wall with the laundry room; in that closet I can see what I would assume to be the two water lines (hot & cold) running into the wall where the laundry valves are on the other side. Beside them is what I assume to be the pipe for the drain hole (whatever it's called). Here's a visual that is clearer than I could explain:

What could be the problem? I'm not sure where the actual meter is located as we just moved in a few days ago. The house has a crawl space and so I'm thinking I'll check down there because I know some of the plumbing runs directly under the house. If there's not something that can simply be turned on to restore water flow, that means something is blocked or damaged, which is a much bigger issue.

Thanks

Reply to
Kyle

So the washer hooks directly into some sort of valve? It's unlikely there would be another set of valves for the washer but who knows. This is a dumb question. Is it possible the open/closed positions of the valves are messed up so that the open and closed positions are reversed?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It's a rental, right?. Why can't you call the landlord or property manager?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson