Grey laundry water for garden watering?

Rhode Island offers grants and the below URL reflects RI installation. Perhaps New Hampshire does as well.

Good luck!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

From what I have read, yes. BT dunks are specifically made for standing water skeeter control.

Reply to
Omelet

But carp are so bony! ;-)

I'd personally vote for bass or crappie minnows!

Reply to
Omelet

the low permeability of my local soil, I opted for an above ground leech field. It the size of a very large putting green. Soil depth is too deep to have any concern of grass rootage affecting the leech piping. But, at the same time, enough water is drained to keep the grass from drying out in drought periods...

Reply to
Dioclese

Any recipes for crappie minnows?;-))

Reply to
Billy

And I'll bet it's REALLY green! :-)

Reply to
Omelet

Just eat 'em whole! Sushi.

Reply to
Omelet

Jonno wrote in news:481d7e37$0$17505$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

ye gods! an inane commentator adding nothing to the convo. yes, the small windmills don't need a whole lot of breeze. 4-

6kph is enough. we get that fairly steady most of the year (& higher frequently). i guess it makes up for this latitude's low sun angle ;) BTW, Fran, could you pop me off an email? i have some cancer questions for you. lee
Reply to
enigma

Sashimi... ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

That was an attempt at humour. This subject is so boring. Windmills like this can be imported directly and cheaply from China these days....Is that adding to the conversation?

Reply to
Jonno

Once again my dad would have me out on the swamp ice. Break a hole and shoot carp that came for air. 1955

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've seen "The Wild", but not the other... Raw foods tend to be higher in nutrition, but that can balance out with some high fiber veggies. Cooking some stuff makes it more digestible.

Most of the time, I cook my steak rare. ;-d

on the outside, chilled, and served in a salad. A creative way to serve steak leftovers!

Reply to
Omelet

Heh! Sometimes I fast for a day or two, but not deliberately. Sometimes I'm just too busy to eat, or am simply not hungry.

It's good for weight control.

Reply to
Omelet

You should, at least once. Folks most places consider them trashfish.

Nope. After you cut off the heads and tails and fins and gut 'em, use a pair of pliers (catfish skinning pliars work well) and pull the skin off. Not tearing of chunks of meat is a good idea. ;-) After you score them, and score them deep, both sides...cut them in 4-5 in chunks...the tail piece is the best, IMO.

Seriously, try them. Carp feeds are big time around here, but you don't have to get far from NW Mo before people think you are nutz.

Carp are fun as hell to catch...they fight like a bitch for a bit then usually roll right in. If you don't have a net, grab them quick with a thumb in the eye and a couple in the gills or they often go like hell again. Easy to break a line on setting the hook, but I haven't had this happen since using fireline/spiderwire stuff. Run your line thru an egg sinker and anchor it about 18-24 inches above the hook with a split, so it can slide thru the egg. Use a smallish treble baited with a sweet type doughball, or straight hook with sweet corn. Carp have small mouths. Give'em a bit to mouth the bait but be ready to have them give it hell. Keep a fairly tight line so you can watch your tip. More than once I've had to make a jump in the river to grab me rod. Usually happens when you are tipping up the can, if you can imagine that ;-)

Ahhhh.......nighttime, sandbar on the river, lantern light, cooler, bucket-butt, copperheads.....good times!

Recipes for carp bait can be googled. They'll sometimes go for nightcrawlers, but prefer sweet. I've also had good luck with anise flavored bait. Big time fun in England.

Prepared bait is available here in Hicksville. ;-)

Go gettem'!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Sold them to local Jewish folk never ate them. Sold our rats to local black folk eat some.

Our community was made up of poor blacks, whites, jews and what ever got here. Hand pumps for water and wood or coal for heat. We all were driven out to make for modern expansion. We called it the meadows where my back yard was a large swamp of a few hundred acres. The Philadelphia airport is real close to where I grew up. BTw the projects failed and the area is now a wasted community. They took 1 out of every

3 homes and it is still like that.

Never canned any fish or meat. Dried fish in a dehydrator and froze meat.

I'm not feeling elderly but I'd like to sleep sound and not know what Tinnitus and other health things mean. Looking at my efforts to be healthy I some times the effort was for naught. But when I jump over a curb I think yea.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

My son turned me onto raw, thinly sliced beef. It is really good.

A couple years ago I stupidly ate a few raw shrimp, without even thinking about the consequences. Vibrio, for one! Nothing ended up happening, but it was one the best tasting meats I have eaten.

You are right, rare beef is the best!! Sear that baby over really, really hot and crust the outside.......wow. Philly style. When Dad died, I inherited his Big Green Egg. I get that baby up to about 750F and give thick steaks about two mins on each side then slam the vents shut for another couple. Orgasmic.

Chard is wunnerful stuff and you get a *lot* from the plants. We freeze like spinach, the extra.

You probably don't like pickled beets either. Shame....after you eat 'em you can throw in hardboiled eggs and in a couple weeks.......mmmmmmmm.

Hmmm.......just a suggestion....we started growing Chioggia beets, look like a red and white bullseye. The tops are excellant and the root is different from red beets. Cooks nearly white and is rather sweet and lacks that typical beet earthyness, IMO. I've had them shaved in salads and they are good raw....again, IMO. ;-)

I've been reading recently about eating all sorts of greens, and it seems that most overthing we eat main crop, the leaves are edible too. I never even though about eating the rest of the plant, of say broccoli and carrots and radishes. Michael Pollan started me thinking down this path.

Good eats, and too many words ;-) Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

It's handfishing for catfish. You quietly wade along the banks and around brush piles, gently and sloooowly sliding your hand into likely spots around the piles and holes in the bank. If a catfish is present, often nesting, it will usually nip your fingers and release. After crapping yourself, and not flailing around, you either slide back and grab gills or let it bite again and stick your fingers, or if it is large, your arm in and hang on and retrieve the fish. You can imagine the problems this can present. I never did like this, though it is effective. Soemthing about being bitten and shredded, when you can't see what is happening that is just not too........fun.

Know the feeling...we keep on keepin' on do't we.

Nice video......it is nice to see again what has heretofore been archived only in memory. Youtube is great. THanks Bill. Sent me on a search and watch of Bobby Darin......Mack the Knife...has some special memories.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Oh yes indeed....you have some *great* food heritage...we love german eats.

When we lived in KC, we found one authentic german eatery, hole in the wall that opened into Munich, authentic german proprietors, best schnitzel ala holstein and fried cabbage I ever had......second best food in town......gates bbq was first. ;-)

My heritage, scots, gives us haggis.......need I say more. But, we also contribute Glenlivet.......

Charlie, who has a pig butt on the smoker as we speak...pulled pork sammies for the youngsters tomorrow.

Reply to
Charlie

Try marinading the thinly cut beef in vinaigrette for an hour or two, or over night. Serve with cold leeks or asparagus cut into 1" to 2" lengths, and French bread. Bread, cheese, and red wine, afterwards.

Reply to
Billy

I was kidding! We dont want droves of people carp fishing in this ladies water tank.... We only wanted to get rid of the mosquitos. Oh hell. I remember the saying " its hard, when you find yourself in the middle of a mudhole full of alligators that you only came to drain the swamp" Shhooo no fishing allowed!

Reply to
Jonno