Frangapani

Hi I was hoping someone could tell me if i cut the smallest branch off

Frangapani tree how do I start a new tree from that, it is the softe twig/branch that 7 or so smaller twigs come off which all have flowers Ive been told that it can be done by planting straight into soil. o does it have to be one of the larger branches(harder ones) is ther more to it than that? I presume so! Thanx for your help. scott

-- wheres_slick2

Reply to
wheres_slick2

told2b

You must live in one of the warmer zones to grow Frangipani Scotty. I had great luck cutting off soft limbs and planting directly in the soil with them. I grew them when we lived in Saudi Arabia and had the white, yellow, and red (pink) flowering ones. Scented the patio up nicely too.

Strange thing living in a desert and grew orchids and tropical trees as a hobby for five years. Long as you had water anything would grow. Good luck with your frangipani.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

We've had great luck just placing directly in potting soil (not dirt/garden soil) but making certain not to overwater as it could rot and also not physically disturbing it as the little hair-like roots can break off. I think a lot of people root in water first. And some sources claim the broken end must dry out first.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan