Flowers to plant in October?

Are there any flowers I could plant now (3 October) that would survive and look moderately pretty in a few months?

I live near Atlanta. The flowers would be in a big pot that would be in a screened-in porch on the south side of the house. They'd have at least a few hours of sun each day. Temps will occasionally get below freezing in December and January, so I could bring them inside on those days, if necessary.

Thanks for any info,

Mel

Reply to
Mel

pansies?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Mums (with out regard to species name) or flowering cabbages or flowering kale.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I'm in Atlanta too and thinking of planting some Violas this year.

HTH,

Nick

-- Nick Owen

owen.nick

A lot.

Torenia pansies allysum mums ornamental kale petunias

I just planted my wildflower seeds a week ago. I planted California poppies, bluebonnets, larkspur, nigella and others. These come up every spring, but I still collect seed and put it out in the fall for spring.

Reply to
Jangchub