Fall Flowers in Window Boxes

I have two window boxes on my deck in full sun virtually from sun up to sun down. I live in zone 8 (Charleston SC). I had Dianthus growing in these pots, but they recently died (I think from a few days of over 95 degree weather). I had them in the pots since March and they always bloomed and did very well. I would like to redo these pots with something that will give me color late in the cooler season, which around here is virtually into January. What would be the best flowers to get? Outside Mums and pansies? I do have some Mums, and have no problem with pansies, but was wondering if there was something else out there that would give me more bang for the buck for a longer time. The two containers are in full sun, well cared for (as in I keep an eye on water and those such things) and they are approximately 30" long and 6" wide and white plastic. I like things that are compact and heavy blooming, preferably in the red, purple or pink categories. Not interested in anything that would grow large or trail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Bunny McElwee