Few Blossoms

When I bring a new tree home from the nuserie, they have plenty of blossoms. However, in succeeding years they have very few. I have a dug well and am reluctant to use fertilizer in fear that it will get into the well Any suggestions?

Reply to
Connecticut

Mulch all around the trees with well-composted manure & keep the area well watered; this will enhance the microorganism population which manufacturers nitrogen. Also keep the area inside the trees' dripline free of grass, as grass exudes a growth suppressing hormone. If young trees are too much shaded by larger ones, you might be able to thin out some neighboring branches to allow more sun to reach the young ones.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

ole'Thomas a smart man! Lee