Exploding bean!

Hello all,
The other week I picked up a bean from a tree near our library. It had a ve lvety surface. It had been on the dinner table for the past week or so. Ton ight when we were having some snacks all a sudden it exploded with a crack and spilled its seeds into the kitchen!
We first heard the noise but couldn't figure out what exploded. Then saw th e pod split into half.
What is this plant? Does anybody know?
Picture is here: https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/101467498787063231488 /6472536055891075890
Thanks,
(I think I am in Sunset zone 15.)

http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/detail.php?pid
Wow, it is from Central Asia. I am going to tell my friends from Central Asia about it. Let's see if they have seen it in their region.
Thank you very much!
On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 5:07:34 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

You are most welcome, indeed. My best regards to all your treasured Asian friends. The little weeping pea tree at my first home <1981- 87> would explode dramatically - if conditions were just right. .. not quite as loud as a fire-cracker - more like a small weak lady-finger. John T.

Asia about it.

These explosions can be dangerous if a seed hits your eye.
By the way, I think the Latin name for the plant comes from Kazakh "karagan ". I do not quite know what it means but there is a town by that name in Ka zakhstan (Boz Karagan https://goo.gl/maps/UEXuyZ4Xjuj ), and one in Turkmeni stan. If it was just "kara' it would mean "black" (related to the Japanese word "kuro"). I think it still has something to do with black. I looked up the Kazakh name for the plant, they call it "sary karagan", meaning "yellow karagan"!
Al
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 08:11:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Contact the FBI immediately. It's a bomb, set by terrorists. As soon as you call the FBI, get out of that area, until the bomb squad checks out everything. This is no joke, this is a serious threat, likely caused by some Muslim terrorists.
On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 9:35:24 PM UTC-7, Al Tprk wrote:

velvety surface. It had been on the dinner table for the past week or so. T onight when we were having some snacks all a sudden it exploded with a crac k and spilled its seeds into the kitchen!

the pod split into half.

88/6472536055891075890

Looks a lot like wisteria, a vine, common in California and other areas. I have one in my yard. The pods do make a little cracking noise when they d ry up and spill their seeds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisteria#/media/File:Wisteria_floribunda_MHNT .BOT.2008.1.38.jpg