camellia

My friend gave my an old camellia which is now a small tree as it would not flower, well i looked after it in summer and it now has dozens of flower buds about to burst it seems ,is this normal for this time of year and if so will i get flowers in the spring as well
thanks
--
mossie

On 10/10/2017 5:26 AM, mossie wrote:

Although they do not lose their leaves in the winter, camellias do have a period of dormancy in the winter. They bloom when they are dormant. Thus, it is likely yours will bloom in the winter. Whether that is early, middle, or late winter depends on the variety.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
On 10/10/17 13:26, mossie wrote:

Many Camellias form buds in late summer which will not open until their normal flowering time in spring. There are some species (C. hiemalis and C. sasanqua) which flower in late autumn or winter.
--

Jeff