Experiences with sod cutters

Brouwer and Kesmac are the most popular brands. Trebro makes two models that are completely automated.

Reply to
cacahuates

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@hal-pc.org... Anyone have any experiences to share?

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

Not *that's* funny Pam....................

everyone knows Fiat Spyders have no 'back'! :oP

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Why are you removing sod? I've learned to solarize and rake of burned leaf material and keep the root mat when converting a yard to a "native landscape". Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

The guy at the rental store very handily stowed it in that somewhat open area that euphemistically passes as a backseat - top down, of course. It was another matter entirely for me to remove it from that position once I got it home. Managed to rope in an innocent passer-by to assist. Sometimes being a single woman has its disadvantages.........but not very often.

pam

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Whooee, girl. You must be muscular. These things are heavy. I have a trailer with a gate that swings down for ramp loading. Whew! Had me worried there for a while.

JK

Pam - gardengal wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

I normally would. Time factor. The customer wants this done in 2 weeks before the annual home tour. If I known her before she contracted me, I would have had her not water for several months and I would solarize and torch burn the top layer of turf. I kinda lucked out on this. She contracted me Thursday and the next customer on Friday contracted me to construct a rain garden for them and they needed a lot of sod. I'll pull this sod up and transport a few miles and relay it. =

Tom Jaszewski wrote:

pine, one need only own a shovel.

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

If I do buy a used one for the business, it won't be a Ryan. Probably will be a Bluebird. They are nice pieces of equipment.

J Kolenovsky wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

I've tried all 3 now, Ryan, Bluebird and Classen. Survey says "Classen!".

J Kolenovsky wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky