Elm tree trunk fungus help

We have a large Elm that is infected with a light colored fungus/mold at the very bottom of the trunk on one side of the tree. We can't seem to get rid of it. The rest of the tree looks fine. Suggestions?

Reply to
jjp

What kind of Elm?

Reply to
pelirojaroja

I'm really not sure, and a few people has told me they're not even sure if it's an elm at all, though it probably is. It's an old, large tree that's been on the lot much longer than the house. It's also deciduous.

Reply to
jjp