Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

"D. Staples" expounded:

For all you're education you have a tenuous grasp of proper grammar and the use of contractions.

Reply to
Ann

No Don Staples, we are very different from you.

  1. We understand trees
  2. We define our terms

Don Staples you claim to be a forester. Please define what you mean by a forest.

Reply to
symplastless

Joe

Where did you get your degree in "tree biology"?

Reply to
symplastless

Joe

You focus on degrees more than you focus on the understanding of trees and there associates. If you are certified, who certified the person that certified you?

repeat to Joe as well: Ok it goes like this. Don says he's a forester. I ask him to define a forest, to him. Me with my eny-bitty little 3.5 day work shops was able to read data and write a page on what logging is to me, based on published data. With your longer term education maybe you could define what logging is to you (Don Staples). Please list page number and paragraph where data you mention can be found. Training with out education makes robots. Education without training makes? I think you are really a tree farmer who needs help managing trees on tree farms. Big difference from a true forester. Forest do not require that they be logged for trees and their associates. I.e., reflecting on how I define logging.

can you make me a copy of your references so I can read them. I will do the same for you if you like. Tree farmers could place logs as nurse logs in the woods when you take one out. A logger friend of mine built a unique machine for moving logs back and forth in a tree farm. We have taken trees into the woods and brought trees out with little impact as a result of this unique design.
use logs from tree take downs that we do as a service. I will tell you that I have met some very fine people who are loggers in the edi-bitty 3.5 day workshops. Where is your resume Don Staples? We are doing some reforestation projects by bringing in some ecoart nurse logs. We have one more large oak to bing in and then we will selectively place many small diameter logs. This project will consist of planting in on and around the ecoart nurse logs thus increasing the health of the mini forest (nature preserve) by means of mentioned data here:
is the type of forestry I do.
me tell you that those 3.5 day workshops really add up. And yes, I am a want a be forester. To have a regular job as someone who cared for the vitality of the trees and their associates of a forest based on tree biology as defined in my dictionary. I list my definition of a forest in my dictionary.
listed what I mean when I say tree biology here:
do not like noise.

- - Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist

Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

"Joe" wrote in message news:giKvi.3371$r14.2381@trndny06...

Reply to
symplastless

Joe

Where did Ezekiel get his degree to talk about a "FORESTS"?????????????????? [Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD. ]

Man's first responsibility was to care for the garden, (Genesis 2-15).

are your pages?

Reply to
symplastless

Is this how you define yourself Don Staples?

Reply to
symplastless

Most foresters have taken at least a dozen courses in forestry, after taken many courses in biology, along with the other countless required college courses. I have about 20 college texts on forestry, trees, wildlife biology and mgt., arboriculture, soils science, geology, etc., etc.- that tops your

3 day courses.

I conclude that you or whoever started this thread by cross posting should stop the cross posting.

Even if you were a highly educated and trained arborist- arborist issues don't belong in alt.forestry. Perhaps, you could start a new group called alt.arborist. Don and myself and a few others started this newsgroup a decade ago- it wasn't that difficult- so you could do it too then keep your discussions there where they belong.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

At the UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS- where I took far more courses than you could imagine, probably before you were born- as listed in another thread.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Who cares what the Bible says about forests and trees? Maybe you do, but I don't.

Reply to
Joe

Training without education makes robots. Education without training makes waste. Both are needed; training and education.

100 Tree Myths Shigo page 8
Reply to
symplastless

I meant to ask, as a close associate of Dr. Shigo, were you in the secretarial pool, do the floors, or clean up around the office? It would fit right in with Keslick being a biologist. Perhaps you should stay in zone 6a and raise your flowers..

Reply to
D. Staples

Ah, but Joe, he apparently speaks directly to God.

Reply to
D. Staples

Don Staples What are you? Please define yourself. I never said I was a biologist. I said I was a tree biologist. A person who studied tree biology by a professor with a world renown understanding of trees and their associates.

Besides trying to get people to cut wood out of the once fertile forest by making claims of false forest health what do you do?

Define yourself, or just leave.

Reply to
symplastless

Ah, an angry rag head, as well. You could have brought this thread to an end by stopping the crossposting, but no, you join the fray, so, have it, crotch rot. Civil discussion has failed in the past with "the tree biologist", and will with his invites, as well. So, as I said, f*ck off, crotch rot.

Reply to
D. Staples

I am. What about you Don Staples.

Reply to
symplastless

Define a forest Don Staples.

Reply to
symplastless

You say you are a tree biologist. Here is your definition of Tree Biology.

Tree Biology is the science that brings together anatomy, physiology, genetics, evolution, ecology, and all other disciplines that focus on the life of a tree as a system and how death brings healthier life.

So, Tell us, Tree Biologist, where you studied anatomy, physiology, genetics, evolution, ecology, dendrology, silvaculture, oh, wait, you didn't.

Do not trust a "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples

define a tree biologist, that would include your training, or lack there of.

Reply to
D. Staples

Just leave? Not on you simple life, Keslick, this is alt.forestry, and you cross posted to it, I would suggest you take your own advice.

Reply to
D. Staples

Billy Rose, symplastless - this sounds like a cult.

You respond like spoiled 8 year olds. If you've actually gotten paid for this and you think this thread is helping your career, you must live in bumfuck, egypt and have a lot of truly ignorant clients. You do know what the Usenet is, right? Anybody who can punch up Google can read your inane and callow retorts. And you think they won't research you? Ha!

You whine about Don's or Joe's credentials but show no scientific rigor in your own statements. They don't have to show a resume- they were here when this group started and before that on bionet agroforestry. We started these groups. You repeat yourself constantly- perhaps you're brain damaged. You seem to have derived your knowledge, if that's what you call it, directly from divine inspiration- Ezekiel, eh? More likely plagiarism from the good Dr.s publications. Stop cross posting to alt. forestry and I promise- I won't cross post to alt.great lakes or rec.gardens. This is a professional and social group where working Foresters can blow off steam, compare issues and talk about problems. You've been getting a pretty polite treatment so far.

Reply to
mhagen