Borer beetles

I have been seeing parallel rows of holes in my pines. I thought it was woodpeckers. I was told it was borer beetles. I sprayed Sevin, and the problem seems to have stopped. Question is, if it was woodpeckers, and now the food source has stopped, so have they, or did I get the borers, and should I spray this spring and summer? I think I will spray no matter, but I think it was peckers and not borers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My guess: boring peckers