Treatment for Powderpost Beetles in 2 x 4s?

I have some 2x4s in my garage that have little pin holes & saw dust appearing on my automobile. I was told these are from powderpost beetles. Has anyone used Ortho Termite and Carpenter Ant Killer on powderpost beetles? How effective was it? Also has anyone tried Timbor? It looked like a better choice from what I read online, but I cannot find it at a store near me.

I was wanting to spray the area myself to save cash, are these easy to get rid of, or should I call in a pro. Thank you for any advice.

Reply to
No One

Mark Leininger
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Timbor and Boracare are available via mail order online. Either can be sprayed or brushed or rolled on.

A google search will turn up a few dozen sources.

John

Reply to
John‰]

Here's the place I ordered my Bora Care from..

They also have Timbor
My first experense with powder post beetles or Bora care.. so I can't help other than the above links.. well except the following link gives more powder post info from the same company..

Chuck

I leave termites and powder-post beetles to the pros.

If you do, make sure he sprays the entire house.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

What do you call a smart blonde? A golden retriever.

Reply to
Trent©