compost sucess

I live in N.E. Michigan where the snow is about 18 inches deep..except on the top of my compost pile. The pile has been working all winter. In early December there was steam coming from the pile. The pile was about 8 ft tall in the fall and is now about 4 feet. It appears that I will have plenty of compost in the spring.

Gary

New to the north country

Reply to
Gary and Karen Manning

Ah, so this is how Michiganders keep warm during wintery days.

Reply to
WiGard

Ugh, not my compost. (Minneapolis, MN) I tried to keep it cooking but it froze up after Christmas. My fault, not enough green. I tried to jump start it with some alfalfa pellets soaked in water but it was too late. I will just have to wait until it thaws and start a new pile next to it.

mm

Reply to
mmarteen