calling captin compost

Holy cow! What are you composting?

Reply to
NewsUser

Phisherman

I have a very large compost pile, about 8 feet tall and 16 ft wide. Would it work to put a piece of pipe under the pile and hook up my air compressor to it to give the pile air? It is just too large to turn by hand and I am too cheap to buy a tractor.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
gary

Hehehehehe!

Reply to
NewsUser

It's time to break that pile up into a smaller, more manageable pile. If you take it down, assuming you didn't just recently add all that organic material, you'll likely find some of it is ready to be used -- I'd go ahead and use that now. :)

Since turning it by hand is of course quite a job for one person, find a local boy scout troop that wants to earn some money for the troop and get them to come down and do the work for you. It might be a little stinky but it won't be dangerous so if you offer the troop the right amount of money they'll probably take you up on it. Of course, if you have any teenage kids you can try to get them to do it too. ;)

James

Reply to
JNJ