Ants in abundance in compost

Group:

Live in Sunny (wet!) SoCal. This my first year composting. The compost is lookingreally good, but the only problem is that I have huge numbers of ants infesting the compost. Is this good or bad? If the latter, should I somehow treat the compost - with what?

Cheers

Den

Reply to
Den

Phisherman

I had fireants in my compost pile last year.

I turned the pile and they went away.

Reply to
Hound Dog

Compost is too dry, turn and moisten it to be like a wet but not drippy sponge and the ants will seek other quarters.

Reply to
bamboo