Carrots - only "winter vegs"?

Getting such good results with Asian carrot ""Kuroda" that I would like to replant. But not waste time/space.

Is there a "rule" that says one can't plant this "winter veg" now? I can see not planting spinach or lettuce, but...?

Mild Mediterranean climate. No really awful summer heat.

Input welcome from NG members with similar or near-similar micro- climates.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

If you can keep the seed moist enough to germinate well, it's definitely worthwhile. I usually try for a late carrot planting following the early peas removal. Last year we had fresh carrots through February (yum!). It has helped (to keep the soil moist) to cover the soil with some old boards until the seed breaks the ground surface.

Reply to
Frank Miles

****I just pulled my spinach and lettuce. A little late, actually; they were going to seed. Just ate last salad.

=A0Last year we had fresh carrots through February (yum!).

***That's encouraging. Mind if I ask what is your climate?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Semi-Mediterranean - Seattle, Wa.