overwintering carrots

I have a nice crop of carrots this year that I would like to try to harvest through the winter. Do I need to cut the tops off of them before I cover them with straw, or should I just let the tops lie on the ground?

Just curious,

IC_Gardener Iowa City, Iowa Zone 5A

Reply to
IC_Gardener

I left them as they were, much easier to find to harvest them. So very good when left for that extra sweetness. :-)

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose