Can I plant carrots and stuff for winter crops now?

When to plant carrots, beets, turnips, etc. for fall winter crops? Is it still too early in the season?

Reply to
Matthew Reed

Gotta list your zone, man. Answer different for Texas or Alaska .

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

Haha, I'm sorry - I naturally assume everyone knows where I love LOL.

Lebanon, Oregon. 20 miles south of Salem, Oregon. Mid Wilammette valley. Zip

97355. Not really sure what our zone is. Around here, summer heat sometimes ends at the end of August, or it can hit 100 the first week of Sept.
Reply to
Matthew Reed

Plant now. For carrots, I would even have planted 2-3 wks ago. Right now in Michigan I am planting only the really short season stuff, bok choi and kale.

Reply to
simy1

In eastern North Carolina, right now.

Reply to