Cactus Seed

I am retired and looking for a hobby. I love growing cacti and thought I would try cacti from seed. I have ordered from several commercial vegetable and annual flower seed company's but have not had much success. Does anyone know of places of people that sell cactus seed at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. Neb

Reply to
craterr

is a nice resource for several reasons, one of which is a 'rating' and discussions of reputable and problematic mailorder plant companies.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Have you tried Burpee? It takes a lot of patience to grow cacti from seed.

Reply to
Phisherman

"craterr" wrote in news:44d4a714 snipped-for-privacy@news.utk.edu:

Cactus from seed takes a longggggggg time to grow, IIRC. (Or at least it did decades ago when I was a kid and tried it.) Are you sure you want to wait a few years for teeny plant when there are so many great ones you can buy at a reasonable price? Maybe you could do something else with cactus

-- grafting, perhaps?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
beeky