Buying Vanilla Orchids??

Where can I buy vanilla orchid cuttings in bulk?

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Bourne Identity

Reply to
Travis

Here's a web site that you may be able to start with - perhaps find a contact email on for purchase.

gardening. (This sounds fascinating!)

Lindakay

Reply to
Lindakay

Really? Did you scroll down at all to where this was:

Vanilla Planifolia Cuttings min 18" (50cm) length quantity US$

5 Cuttings $149.95 10 Cuttings $199.95 20 Cuttings $299.95 50 Cuttings $499.95 Phytosanitary cert. (if required - please check with your department of agriculture) $45.00

Prices include international courier costs PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING ON LARGER QUANITY ORDERS

Yeah, I guess not.

Reply to
Bourne Identity

You might want to ask on rec.gardens.orchids Do note that there are several species of vanilla. Planifolia is probably what you want if you are wanting to grow vanilla beans. Do look into what is required to do that if you haven't. The flowers have to be hand pollinated and the beans (the seed pods) have to be aged and fermented before they can be used. Also, the vanilla has to grow to a length of about 15 -

20 ft before it flowers.

deg

Reply to
Dewitt

No. My bad.

Reply to
Travis

"I don't think that is the answer "chaz" was looking for."

How would you know, troll twit?

Are you his mother?

Maybe he is much smarter than you and he knows how to scroll down the page?

Never thought of that, eh?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

It is doubtful that Chaz has any idea what is needed to be done for one to produce their own vanilla from the plants.

Your overview of the process is most enlightening.

You forgot to mention that one would need to grow the plants in the tropics to make all the work involved to be economically feasible. Its not something you can do on your windowsill.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

I am totally jealous of a friend who bought, I believe, two hundred acres in Costa Rica and there is a vanilla orchard grove on it. I think he said ten acres!

Monkeys in the trees, waterfalls, ah.........

Do you th>It is doubtful that Chaz has any idea what is needed to be done for one to

Reply to
Bourne Identity

No, but the banana republics in neighboring countries are now run by them!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

That is really sad.

Reply to
Bourne Identity

If only they had oil.

Then prez Dubya would have invaded those central American countries instead of having our troops being killed needlessly in you know where in some undeclared war for fun and profit. Its his solution for the unemployment problem!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

I believe Venezuela has 7.4 % of world total proven reserves of oil. Iran 8,6% U.S. 2.9% Saudi Arabia 25.0% Iraq 10.7% Russia 7.4% Mexico 1.2% Kuwait 9.2 % United Aeab Emirates 9.3% China 1.7%

From "Blood and Oil" Michael T. Klare

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner