Can anyone ID this plant ... ?

Hi

I found this plant at about 5,000' when on the summit of Mt. Washington on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. this July.

It was growing amongst the old rubble left over when they blasted for the chairlift years ago. There are wild lupins and heather close by. The plant is about 4-5" tall and was growing by itself, only one or two of them close by.

Everyone I've shown this to are totally stumped as to it's identity.

http://131.104.45.233/IMG_0457.JPGAny ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reply to
showie

Indian paintbrush, Castilleja coccinea.

Reply to
Mark Herbert

Actually, it is probably Castilleja integra, or some other Western species.

Reply to
Mark Herbert

Think thats it!

Mark