Bushman and Bowsaws

Bowsaws are commonly referred to as "bushmans" so I'm guessing this is just like biro being used as a generic name for a ballpoint pen. Does anyone know whether bushman was a company or brand or whatever? I can't find anything online about this.

Reply to
Eugbug

It would help if you said *where* they're called 'bushmans'. Despite teh intarnetz this isn't one country yet and regional differences are large.

Reply to
~misfit~