Best gloves for thorny plants?

Any recommendations for a good, quality pair of gloves for pulling thistle, pruning thorny plants and such? Prefer elbow-length and full protection against the sharp buggers. I'm in northeastern U.S.

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:53:19 -0000 (UTC), Laura Fenik

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/clothing/gloves/65392-rose-gloves
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/clothing/gloves/62005-protective-pruning-gloves
Thank you for the links. I will check them out :>.
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:16:37 -0400, hubops wrote:
On 6/19/2020 11:53 AM, Laura Fenik wrote:

If it is Scotch thistle, the spines will penetrate even leather gloves. I know thiis from personal experience.
Now, I use an herbicide on thistle. When it is dead, I use a pruning saw or hoe to cut it down and then a rake or potato hook to handle it. I never touch it.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:57:25 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:
David, thank you for your good advice and information. I've also checked out your website. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
On 19/06/20 19:53, Laura Fenik wrote:

Try welding gloves or gauntlets. They are often more effective against thorns and spines than gardening gloves.
--

Jeff

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:44:19 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:
Thank you Jeff. I'll look into this.
email.me:

A cheap solution: Every try to push a sewing needle through adhesive tape? I use ordinary leather work gloves and wrap them with a layer or two of duct tape. This works well for handling rose and raspberry canes.
On 20/06/2020 17:40, Alfred Falk wrote:

I would rather work without glover, makes you very much more carefull
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:40:07 +0000, Alfred Falk wrote:
Alfred, I've never heard of this. Good idea. Thank you.