Are spruce trees acidic?

Do spruce needles make the soil acidic like pine needles do? I raked under my spruce trees and have loads of needles and cones and I'm wondering where I can put them.

Lori

Reply to
Kayla

yes they d

-- Eyebright

Reply to
Eyebright

I thought it was the mineral content that determined acidity.

Reply to
Travis

There ya go, thinkin you knew something about gardenin again!

Reply to
yippie

I always thought that the ground around pine trees was more acidic so I was wondering if spruce trees had the same affect.

Lori

Reply to
Kayla