Any great plant sales in Chicago area?

Not for you apartment dwellers, but for those who are into gardening...

Leaving aside Chalet, Lurvy's, and Pesche's, which I have already checked (and they do have some good deals), are there any great "end of seasin" plant sales worth driving to that you know of? Up to 90 minute drive from Chicago would be ok. Must have decent stock left to choose from, and rock bottom clearance prices! Thanks.

Reply to
Newbie

Ask barb...I think she said she gets most of her stuff from those planters on Michigan Avenue...

;-p

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

hardee harr har.

oh, hey, who knows of any Japanese maples around town that have got seed pods on them? I want to try my hand at growing some from seed.

Reply to
barbie gee

that's gonna take a long time. Yer what 50+? You'll be into getting SS checks by the time it's 4 feet tall.

Just drop the 100 bucks and get a six foot one already pruned.

Reply to
kenji

I don't want one that's 6 ft. I want one under 5' or so.

Reply to
barbie gee

OK, I'll bite.

Why?